An AA degree is only awarded upon application and approval. The application can be submitted in person to Academic and Career Success at the Biscayne Bay Campus, ACI 180, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
To be eligible to receive the AA degree from FIU, a student must:
- Complete 60 credits, at least 20 of which must be earned at FIU
- Complete all University Core Curriculum requirements
- Complete the Civic Literacy requirement, as appropriate
- Complete the foreign language requirement, FLENT/FLEX
- Have an earned FIU grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Not have completed or applied for the bachelor’s degree
- Not have transferred in more than 40 credits
Please note that AA degrees are certified after final grades are posted at the end of the semester. Awarding of the Associate of Arts degree may take 2-6 weeks after the end of the semester, and the designation will be posted to the FIU transcript.
Questions regarding the AA degree may be directed to Dr. Valerie Morgan at Academic Career Success, ACI 180, by phone at (305) 919-5755, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.