Teaching A Dream Called Home:
In the classroom. First-Year Experience instructors and Peer Mentors are encouraged to tie in themes and lessons from Reyna’s story throughout the entire course. Below, you will see videos and articles that you are welcome to use in your class as well as different tools you can use to facilitate activities in your classroom.
Faculty can also review the resource guide for more information.
Videos and Articles:
Break students up into small groups and have them discuss the articles and videos and how they relate to the themes explored in "A Dream Called Home". Encourage students to go beyond summarizing the articles.
Articles of Interest:
- For Migrants at the Border, a Day of Hopes Uplifted and Dashed
- The Supreme Court May Let Trump End DACA. Here’s What the Public Thinks About It.
- A Migrant’s Story
- Immigration and Transformation: My Literary Metamorphosis
- The Trauma of Immigrating Didn’t Stop When I Crossed the Border
- New York Times op-ed: My Father's Impossible Choice
- CNN op-ed: I Lost My Mother Tongue and Almost my Mom